четверг, 23 сентября 2010 г.

Build Adobe Flex projects with Apache Maven and Groovy

I have released the first version of GMF. GMF stands for Groovy Maven Flex. This is an Apache Maven plugin to build Adobe Flex projects. I developed it for my needs, hoping that someone will find it useful. Why to develop another plugin when there are already 2 or 3 available ? While working on Flex projects, I felt that using Flex SDK as Maven dependency is not handy. I have also found that using external swc libraries with Maven is also not handy, because most of them are not available in public Maven repositories.
I think that people should not write Maven plugins in Java, because Groovy fits better for small projects. Another reason is that I don't think that we have to use XML to configure Maven plugins. So I have implemented GMF in Groovy, and it is configured with a Groovy-based domain-specific language. Finally, I discovered that Plexus which is dependency-injection container in Maven is very out-of-date compared to modern DI containers, so I used Guice instead of Plexus.

Комментариев нет: