пятница, 3 февраля 2012 г.

Good bye, Ubuntu !

I have been in love with Ubuntu since 2006, and I was a happy user until October 2011 when Canonical released version 11.10 and stopped to support Gnome 2. Being a Gnome guy I had to use Gnome 3 or Unity, because KDE an XFCE are not options for me. Unity is definitely not a desktop environment I want to use. Gnome 3 desktop in Ubuntu is ugly. I've been using Gnome 2 with Compiz for years. Gnome 2 is a perfect desktop environment, and I loved it and got used to it. Gnome 3 in Ubuntu 11.10 looks ugly. The contrast between polished Gnome 2 and ugly Gnome 3 was the main reason why I decided to switch to Linux Mint. So today I installed Mint in place of Ubuntu on my notebook, and I am happy again. I have the same feeling I had back in 2006 when I installed Ubuntu for the first time.

Комментариев нет: